Hey students or not students!!! Are you looking for a free Edu email or searching for how to create a .edu email? Then you have reached the right place. We are going to share the three best methods you can use to get a free Edu email address. So, stay with us and read the post till you get your answers.
If you are a student, but didn’t get the Edu email from your university/college, or even if you are not a student, don’t worry. We know the benefits that come with the .edu mail address. So, we will help you in getting a free Edu email. Rest assured.
What is Edu Email Address?
Edu email address is the email address given to the student by the university or college when they enroll in them. The purpose of these emails is that they can converse with college professors, lecturers, administrators and will get all the academic emails on them. They can’t use their personal emails like Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, etc. for these purposes.
If we talk about its format, it looks like this “[email protected]_name.edu” In India, I don’t know if any university provides Edu email to its students. But in the United States, Canada, Australia, they usually issue ‘.Edu emails’ to the students. You will even see that they provide these email addresses to the workers too so that they can enjoy their benefits.
Why Edu Email?
If you ask me why do we need Edu email, then let me tell you that Edu email is primarily for students to converse with the University professors, lecturers, and all academic official emails regarding the academic activities. But the main reason to get free Edu email is that several companies provide amazing offers, discounts & even free services to the students, and Edu email is required to verify that they are students.
Benefits of Edu Email
In this section, we are going to share some of the best benefits you get from Edu email.
GitHub Student Developer Pack
GitHub, as you all know, is the best site that provides tools & services to developers. And its Student Developer Pack is so great. Take a look at what you get in this pack:
- Free GitHub Pro Subscription and all the included features.
- Free Bootstrap Studio License till you are a student.
- %100 in-platform credit on DigitalOcean.
- Free Subscription on JetBrains for students.
- Free Access to 25+ Microsoft Azure Cloud Services with $100 Azure Credit
- 60+ Courses for in-demand topics like Web Development, Python, Java, Machine Learning, etc. for 6 months for free on educative.io
- Free one-year Polypane Subscription
- Access to Visual Studio Community, Visual Studio Community for Mac, Pluralsight training.
- 1-year Azure Services for free.
- Offer on 1-year .ME domain name registration and free 1 SSL certificate for 1 year by NameCheap.com
- Canva Pro 1-year subscription for Free
- Free one-year domain registration and Advanced Security on Name.com
- Free access to the Essential Plan on StreamYard while you are a student.
Amazon Prime for Students
With the free Edu email, you can register for the Amazon Prime Student subscription. In the Prime Student, you will get Amazon Prime for 6 months completely free, all its benefits, and many other offers. Here’s a list of the offers:
- 6-month Amazon Prime free of cost
- Amazon Prime Video – Latest movies, TV shows, web series, and Amazon Originals
- Prime Music – Access to millions of songs & podcasts
- Prime Reading – Access to premium ebooks on Kindle
- Amazon Photos – Unlimited Photo Storage
- Prime Delivery – Free Delivery
- Get offers & deals 30 minutes early
- 3-months free subscription to Calm
- Free 1-Month Course Hero Subscription
Mircosoft Office & Azure
You can sign up on Microsoft as a student using the Edu email address. Microsoft offers Office 365 completely free of cost including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, OneNote & other classroom tools while you are a student. Students also get 10% off on all products available on Microsoft Store. Along with it, they can also sign up for Microsoft Azure and get free access to 25+ Azure tools & services.
Methods to Create Free Edu Email
It’s hard for students to afford tools & services that help them in their education & career. That’s why many companies give special offers & also free access to their services. But they will require an Edu email issued by their universities or college. If you don’t have an Edu email, don’t worry. We are going to share several methods you can use to get Edu email for free.
Method 1. Edu Email Generator to Get Free Edu Email Address 2022
The first method is to use Edu Email Generator. It’s a tool that lets you generate free .edu email. Many websites have an Edu email generator. You can use any of them. Using these generators for creating Edu email is also very simple. You just need to enter your email address. And you will get your Edu email address with a password within 2 days. Why 2 days you ask? Well, creating .edu emails is not an easy task. It follows a complex process. So, it requires approx. 2 days. After that, thanks to your patience, you will get the email.
How to use Edu Email Generator
We have shared the steps on how to create Edu email using Edu Email Generators.
- First of all, open the education email generator.
- Then enter your personal email in the field.
- After that, click on the “Generate Edu Email” button.
- In few days, you will receive an Edu email account via email on your entered email address.
- Now set the password of that account.
- Done. You are all set to use your Edu email address.
Method 2: How to Get Free Edu Email
If you don’t want to use generators, you can use this method to create an Edu email. Here are the steps:
- First, visit this site – DVC.
- Then click on the “Enroll as a new student” shown in the first category ‘New Students’.
- Now click on the “Step one: apply” and then on the “CCCApply”.
- It will redirect you to a new page. On the new page, tap on the “Sign In” button and log in with your OpenCCC account.
- After that, you will get your .edu email.
Create OpenCCC Account
In case you don’t have an OpenCCC account, here are the steps you can follow to create your OpenCCC account.
- Follow the first three steps explained above. That will take you to the page where you need to sign in using your OpenCCC account.
- Then click on the “Create an Account”.
- Now, click on the “Use email instead”.
- Then enter your email in the field and click on the ‘text my verification code’ button.
- After that, you will receive a verification code on the entered email address. Fill that code and click on the ‘verify my email’.
- After verifying your email, you need to fill in your contact information in the required fields like country, zip code, street address, city, state, etc. There’s no need to fill in the phone number and original information. Just pick an address of California.
- Tap “No” in the currently homeless question.
- Mark ‘I agree to the terms…’ and then click on the “Next” button.
- Now enter your personal information and click on the Next button.
- After that, set your password for the account and click on the “create account” button.
- Done. It will create your OpenCCC account and also apply for Edu email on the OpenCCC. Here is the proof of the OpenCCC account creation.
- After the verification of your account by the California Community College, you will get your .edu email address.
Yes. Mircosoft provides Office 365 completely free while a user is a student. So, you can get Office 365 using Edu email address.
You can use the Edu email for one year after the end of your last semester. After that, the domain will be changed from student to alumni. For example, [email protected]_name.edu to [email protected]_name.edu.
Many companies give offers & free subscriptions to their services to the students. Using the Edu email address, they can register as a student and get those services.
Thank you for visiting and reading the post. The Edu email address has lots of benefits along with its educational purposes. Students who have Edu email can get free subscriptions of many services like Amazon Prime, Course Hero, GitHub, Office 365, Microsoft Azure tools, Canva, etc.
In this post, we have shared several methods users can use to get free .edu email along with the .edu email generator and how to use it. We hope you will, now, get your Edu email address for free without any issues. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us in the comment section. Have a nice day!